Rooting Galaxy Note 3 - Complete GuideInterested in rooting your Galaxy Note 3? If so, you might void your warranty by triggering the KNOX security which sets its status to unofficial. Currently there is no procedure to reset the KNOX security.Fortunately for the likes of users who love to root their phone and apply tweaks, there is a way to root your phone without messing with KNOX. Its called Root de la Vega method.
- A Windows PC
- Odin flash tool
Warning: This will wipe your data and internal sdcard, this will show custom system status. Geeky Android cannot be held responsible for anything you do to your phone.
- Work in progress for the EXYNOS model.
- If you have already rooted your phone and messed up your KNOX security then patiently wait for a solution, as currently there is no method of bringing the KNOX to its initial state.
Get Your Version Info:
Dial *#1234# for AP/PDA and CSC vesion info.
- Find your AP/PDA version and Download the tar file : SM-N900W8 - N900W8VLUBMI5
SM-N9005 - N9005XXUBMJ1
SM-N9005 - N9005XXUBMI7
SM-N9005 - N9005ZHUBMI7
SM-N9005 - N9005XXUBMJ3 Sprint SM-N900P - N900PVPUBMI3
- Find your CSC version and Download the tar file: Sprint N900PSPTBMI3_CSC.tar.md5 N900W8OYABMI5_CSC.tar.md5
- Remove the external sdcard (if you have one)
- Boot into Download mode ( Turn off your device then press, volume down key + home button + power button)
- Open Odin and check whether your device is connected.( If connected a box at the top left column will be yellow)
- Now click on the checkbox beside the PDA button and click on the PDA button. Select the AP/PDA tar file you downloaded from step 1.
- Now click on the checkbox beside the CSC button and click on the CSC button. Select the CSC tar file you downloaded from step 2.
- Hit the start button in Odin and wait for it to fully flash.
- Download Root_de_la_Vega.7z.
- Copy the contents of Root_de_la_Vega.7z to the root of the internal storage.(/My Computer/ [Phone Number]/Phone/root_de_la_vega.sh, root_files(folder))
- Reboot (Very important!)
- After fully booting delete the files from the internal storage that were added previously.(/My Computer/[Phone Number]/Phone/root_de_la_vega.sh, root_files(folder))
- Reboot (Extremely important!)
- VOILA!!!!!! Enjoy your root without messing the KNOX security.