Step 1 : Unlocking Boot Loader
- Goto HTC Dev Website and register. Registration is mandatory
- If your device is not listed in the dropdown list, select 'All Other Supported Devices'
Unlocking Bootloader Instructions
- Remove and reinsert the battery.
- Press Volume Down and Power to start the device into Bootloader mode.
- Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button.
- Connect the device to the computer via a usb cable
Once Done Proceed With The Steps Below
Step 2 : Recovery
- Download Android SDK
- Download Interim CWM Touch Recovery By Paul or Official CWM By Koush
- Place the CWM File where the fastboot.exe is along with SDK
- Now open the cmd and navigate to the folder where the CWM File is located
- Type the following
For Koush Typefastboot flash recovery name_of_the_recovery.img
For Paul Type
fastboot flash recovery r2-modaco-recovery-clockwork-touch-ville.img
Step 3 : Root
IMP: Make sure that you are on the stock kernel before running root
- Now root your phone with SuperSU by Chainfire
- Flash it with the Recovery:
- Power off your device and then hold the VOL DOWN + Power to boot into the Bootloader
- Navigate with VOL and Power to Recovery
- Now flash the .zip:
- install zip from sdcard
- choose zip from sdcard
- select the CWN-SuperSU-v0.87.zip file and flash it
- Reboot now
Now you are able to flash any Custom ROM.